Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2013
- The Georgetown International Environmental Law Review
Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 2010
New York, 2014
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016
American Bankruptcy Institute
National LGBT Bar Association
Aaron Krieger is an associate in Chapman's Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group and is a member of the Banking and Financial Services Department. His practice focuses on complex commercial restructurings, trustee and creditors' rights, bankruptcy-related litigation, and distressed investing, including debt and asset trading.
Aaron is an active member of the LGBT Bar Association and interviews law students for Chapman’s summer associate program at the LGBT Bar Association’s annual Lavender Law conference. Aaron also maintains a pro bono practice, having represented asylum seekers, individuals involved in pending deportation matters and clients seeking executive clemency.
Prior to joining the firm, Aaron was an associate with the law firm Ropes & Gray LLP.
- Represented multi-billion dollar hedge funds and other investment vehicles in complex corporate restructurings, DIP financings, bankruptcy acquisitions and non-distressed financing transactions.
- Represented banks and other financial institutions in out-of-court credit workouts and loan restructurings.
- Represented equipment lessors, equipment financers and municipal finance parties in bankruptcy proceedings in Illinois, New York and Texas.
- Represented various entities as bankruptcy counsel in connection with large-scale repurchase facilities, including nearly $4 billion in master repurchase facilities related to the purchase of commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United States, United Kingdom, and throughout Europe.*
- Represented an indenture trustee for $3.9 billion of first lien notes of Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC.*
- Represented an ad hoc group of first lien noteholders in the chapter 11 cases of Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC and its debtor affiliates.*
- Represented a multi-national quick-service restaurant franchisor in connection with the refinancing of its senior secured credit facility with a new $2.4 billion whole-company securitization financing.*
* Aaron’s prior experience includes the representation of clients in these matters.
- Co-Author, "Bankruptcy Desk Reference for Equipment Lessors," Chapman and Cutler LLP. June 2017.
- Co-Author, "Justice Deferred: What Hight Court Won't Review in Lakeridge," Law360. April 13, 2017.
- Co-Author, "Midstream Oil & Gas Contracts Seeing Changes Following Bankruptcy Court Scrutiny," ACIC Private Notes. September 2016.
- Co-Author, "Make-Whole Update: Delaware Bankruptcy Court Rules Intercreditor Agreement Does Not Permit First Lien Noteholders to Demand Payment of Previously Disallowed Make‑Whole from Junior Noteholders," Client Alert. June 27, 2016.
- "Bankruptcy Issues for Secured Creditors: Developments in Make-Whole Litigation and Cram-Down Interest," Chapman's CLE Marathon. May 10, 2017.