Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., high honors, 2001
The University of Oklahoma, B.A., summa cum laude, 1998
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Women in Public Finance, Board Member – Chicago Chapter
Amy Cobb Curran is a member of the firm's National Public and Health & Education Finance Department and the Social Finance and Impact Investing cross-disciplinary team. She joined the firm in 2014.
Amy’s practice focuses on tax-exempt conduit financings for nonprofit hospitals, health care systems, senior living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, universities, and infrastructure projects. She has served as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, and borrower's counsel in financings and related transactions and has structured, negotiated, drafted, and implemented fixed rate, variable rate, multimodal, and put bond financing structures. More recently, Amy has drawn on her public finance experience in representing social service providers, investors, municipal entities, and intermediaries in "pay for success" financings for early childhood education, homelessness reduction, juvenile services and recidivism reduction projects. In addition, Amy has advised clients regarding post-issuance compliance with both tax-related statutes and regulations and bond document covenants.
Prior to joining Chapman, Amy practiced in the health care group at Jones Day.
- IRS Provides Guidance Regarding Written Post-Issuance Compliance Procedures for Tax-Exempt Bonds, August 2011
- IRS TEB Publishes Final Report On Post-Issuance Compliance Survey, reprinted in Health Lawyers Weekly, July 22, 2011
- Panelist, "Moving from PFS Feasibility to PFS Construction," 3rd Annual Conference of the Early Childhood Social Impact Performance Advisors. June 22 – 24, 2016.
- Moderator, "Pay for Success Financing," The Bond Buyer's Midwest Municipal Market Conference. May 17, 2016.
- Presenter, "Pay for Success Financing," Chicago Nonprofit CFO Roundtable. October 14, 2015.
- Panelist, "Pay for Success Social Impact Bonds," National Association of Bond Lawyers 40th Annual Bond Attorneys' Workshop. September 9 – 10, 2015.
- Panelist, "Structuring a Transaction: The Nuts and Bolts of Contracting, Negotiations, and Getting to Launch," 2nd Annual Early Childhood Social Impact Performance Advisors Conference. April 28, 2015.