University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1999
University of Iowa, B.B.A., 1995
David Field is a partner in the firm's Banking and Financial Services Department. He joined Chapman and Cutler LLP in 2001, but has been practicing law since 1999 when he began his career at Snell & Wilmer in Phoenix, Arizona.
David’s experience includes work in the banking and public finance areas. He has extensive experience in acting as counsel to both domestic and foreign banks providing credit and liquidity support for tax-exempt financings for municipal, health care and not-for-profit borrowers. David has also represented commercial banks in structuring secured and unsecured transactions, including revolving loan and term loan facilities.
- Representation of bank syndicate providing credit enhancement and liquidity for approximately $3 billion variable rate demand bonds and commercial paper notes issued by the State of California
- Representation of bank syndicate providing credit enhancement and liquidity support for approximately $1 billion tax and revenue anticipation notes issued by the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Representation of bank syndicate providing credit enhancement for approximately $1.5 billion floating rate debt and commercial paper issued by municipal electric utility
- Representation of bank syndicate providing liquidity support for approximately $200 million variable rate demand bonds issued by airport
- Representation of bank syndicate providing hybrid liquidity facilities with commitments aggregating approximately $900 million to support variable rate debt of a large not-for-profit health system
- Representation of a bank providing a working capital line and a hybrid facility to state university with a commitment of $300 million
- Representation of bank syndicate providing working capital lines with commitments aggregating approximately $200 million to large not-for-profit health system