- Banking and Financial Services
- Bond Counsel
- Credit and Liquidity Enhancement of Securities
- Credit Enhancement
- Private Activity Bonds
- Public Finance
- Social Finance and Impact Investing
- State and Local Government Obligations Private Placement Group
- Tax-Exempt Asset and Lease Origination, Placement and Securitization
- Underwriters' Counsel
- Utility Finance
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2005
Northwestern University, B.A., 1998
Association for Governmental Leasing & Finance
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Juliet Huang is a partner in the Banking and Financial Services Department and the National Public and Health & Education Finance Department of Chapman and Cutler LLP. Juliet serves as counsel to both domestic and foreign banking and financial institutions that are direct purchasers of municipal obligations and counsel to those providing credit enhancement and liquidity support for various public finance transactions. She also serves as special counsel representing investors in tax-favored municipal lease financing transactions. In addition Juliet has experience serving as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel on a variety of private activity bond transactions, including financings for sewage and solid waste disposal exempt facilities, industrial development revenue bonds and revenue obligations for state universities.
Juliet also serves as Chapman's Diversity Co-Partner, managing firmwide diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Representation of bank affiliate in the purchase of $200 million of privately placed tax-exempt revenue bonds of a regional transportation commission.
- Representation of bank providing credit enhancement for approximately $140,000,000 floating rate commercial paper issued by an airport.
- Representation of bank syndicate providing liquidity support for approximately $200,000,000 variable rate demand bonds issued by a state housing agency.
- Representation of institutional investors in numerous municipal lease financing transactions ranging from tax-credit bonds for qualified school construction and renewable energy projects to tax-exempt financing for energy management systems.
- Bond counsel to investor-owned utilities in connection with the issuance of refundings of pollution control revenue bonds and solid waste disposal bonds.
- Underwriter's counsel to investment bank in public offering of $110,000,000 revenue bonds issued by an airport jet-fuel consortium.
- Moderator, “Rating Agencies’ Perspectives on Current Credit Issues,” 36th Annual Association for Governmental Leasing and Finance Conference. May 4 – 6, 2016.
- Panelist, “Lawyers’ Panel,” 35th Annual Association for Governmental Leasing and Finance Fall Conference. November 4 – 6, 2015.
- Panelist, “Bank Direct Purchases and Other Commercial Bank Products,” and “Tax-Exempt Leasing — Recent Developments and Advanced Topics,” National Association of Bond Lawyers’ 40th Annual Bond Attorneys’ Workshop. September 9 – 11, 2015.
- Panelist, “Bank Direct Purchases and Other Commercial Bank Products,” and “Tax-Exempt Leasing — Recent Developments and Advanced Topics,” National Association of Bond Lawyers’ 39th Annual Bond Attorneys' Workshop. September 17 – 19, 2014.
- Panelist, "Municipal Bankruptcy and the Anatomy of a Defaulted Lease," Association for Governmental Leasing and Finance / Equipment Leasing and Finance Association 2013 Public Sector Finance Forum. May 8 – 10, 2013.
- Panelist, "Financing Considerations for Equipment Lease Purchase Agreements," 2010 Green California Conference. October 11, 2010.
- Panelist, "The Alphabet Soup of Tax Credit Bonds," Association for Governmental Leasing and Finance / Equipment Leasing and Finance Association 2010 Public Sector Finance Forum. May 5 – 7, 2010.