DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1997
- DePaul Law Review
University of Illinois, B.S., 1994
Keith Cyzen is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Securities Department. Keith’s practice is principally focused on business and external general corporate matters, including: mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, contract negotiations, corporate litigation, stockholder arrangements, employment law, and special projects.
Keith has represented numerous companies including sellers, purchasers, and investors in all types of general corporate transactions. His experience covers a broad range of markets, including financial, manufacturing, distribution, technology, retail, and services industries. He has extensive experience preparing and negotiating contracts, including investment agreements, limited liability company agreements, independent contractor and consulting agreements, shareholders’ and voting agreements, employment and confidentiality agreements, licensing and distribution agreements, and financing agreements.
- General counsel to one of the firm’s largest clients
- Represented large national publicly-traded retail company as in house counsel on supplier contracts
- Represented a leading publicly-traded property and casualty insurance company in the simultaneous asset sale of five subsidiaries
- Represented a start-up, internet-based company through its rounds of venture capital financing
- Represented distributors in numerous industries including food, sports products and educational materials
- Represented a syndicate in negotiations to buy Oakland Athletics baseball team
- Represented a financial services company in connection with its acquisition of a unit investment trust business
- Represented executive officers in publicly traded and privately held companies in the negotiation of their employment and change of control agreements