Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
Indiana University, B.A., Political Science and Spanish, high distinction, 2010
Kellie Rockel is an associate in the Asset Securitization Department, focusing on securitization and structured finance.
Kellie represents operating companies, finance companies, commercial and investment banks, and other financial institutions in a wide variety of structured financial transactions.
The assets in those transactions have included residual interest certificates, railcars, intermodal shipping containers and chassis, auto loans and leases, equipment leases, structured settlements, and trade receivables.
Prior to joining Chapman, Kellie worked in the Clerk's Office of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, and also clerked for Judge Sarah Evans Barker in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
Representation of investment bank:
- $1.6 billion structured finance facility for a shipping container leasing company
Representation of issuers in connection with:
- $390 million term securitization of automobile loans
- $92 million term securitization of equipment leases
Representation of borrowers in connection with:
- Revolving line of credit financing—structured settlements
- $50 million equipment lease warehouse facility
- $50 million consumer loan secured credit facility
Representation of indenture trustees in connection with:
- $1 billion term securitization
- $400 million term re‑securitization
Honors & Awards
Chapman and Cutler 2013 Pro Bono Honor Roll
- For work on a clemency petition through Cabrini Green Legal Aid and with the SPARK Chicago program