University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2005
- Associate Editor, Michigan Journal of Law Reform
Kalamazoo College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2002
Illinois Association of School Business Officials (Service Associate)
Kyle Harding is a partner in the Illinois Public Finance Department of Chapman and Cutler LLP. He joined the firm in 2005 after participating in the firm's summer associate program in 2004. His practice includes acting as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter’s counsel on governmental use bond financings.
Kyle routinely advises issuers, investment banks, commercial banks and financial advisors on state and federal tax law matters related to the structure and sale of governmental obligations. He also provides counsel on various disclosure and securities law matters, including SEC and MSRB rules and regulations governing the municipal securities market.
Kyle is a frequent panelist and speaker on public finance and regulatory topics, including post-issuance compliance, county school facility sales tax and election interference.
- Fordham Urban Law Journal. Hon. Gerald E. Rosen & Kyle W. Harding, Reflections Upon Judicial Independence as We Approach the Bicentennial of Marbury v. Madison: Safeguarding the Constitution's "Crown Jewel," 29 Fordham Urb. L.J. 791 (2002)
- “The Science (and Acronyms) of Bond Issuance: IRS, SEC, MSRB, CDU and MCDC…oh, my!!”, Illinois Association of School Business Officials 2015 Annual Conference, April 2015
- “Borrowing and Refinancing in the Current Market,” Illinois Association of School Business Officials 2015 Annual Conference, April 2015
- “Buying Municipal Bonds,” Illinois Community College CFO 2015 Spring Conference, April 2015
- “New SEC Enforcement and Regulatory Initiatives in the Municipal Bond Market,” Illinois Association of Park Districts 2015 Annual Conference, January 2015
- “Municipal Advisor Role in Practice,” IASB/IASA/IASBO 2014 Joint Conference, November 2014
- “Election Interference and Ethics Act Issues,” George K. Baum & Company Referendum Workshop, August 2014
- “Fire Protection District Finance,” Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts 2014 Annual Conference, June 2014
- “Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds,” Illinois Community College CFO 2014 Spring Conference, April 2014