University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2012
Southern Methodist University, B.A., Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, magna cum laude, 2009
Laura E. Wazny (Liz) is an associate at Chapman and Cutler LLP focused on structured finance and securitization. Liz is experienced working on behalf of borrowers, lenders, issuers, administrative agents, and corporate trustees. Liz's clients are operating companies, finance companies, and commercial and investment banks. Liz is also experienced with new markets tax credit and community development projects.
Liz has experience working with financed assets including railcars, intermodal shipping containers and chassis, auto loans and leases, equipment leases, student loans, timeshares, structured settlements, trade receivables, residual interests, and other esoteric assets.
Transportation Assets — Containers, Chassis, and Railcars
- $1.6 billion structured finance facility for a shipping container leasing company — representation of the joint lead arrangers, lead lenders, and administrative agent for a syndicate of twelve U.S., European, and Asian financial institutions
- $318 million structured finance facility for railcars — representation of administrative agent and lenders
- $250 million structured finance facility for railcars — representation of administrative agent and lenders
- $30 million structured finance facility for a shipping container leasing company — representation of the shipping container leasing company
Automobiles and Equipment Leases
- $423 million securitization of small ticket equipment leases — representation of issuer
- $377 million securitization of small ticket equipment leases — representation of issuer
- $250 million refinancing of structured finance facility for automobile leasing company — representation of lender
- $40 million structured finance facility for transportation company
Community Development, Charter School, Housing, and Tax Credits
- Termination and redemption of $57 million new market tax credits transaction