Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Managing Editor, Indiana Law Journal
- Dean's Scholarship
Indiana University Kelley School of Business, B.S., Accounting, with distinction, 2012
- Hutton Honors College
- IU Foundation Scholarship
- Crowe Horwath Scholarship
Matthew Leist is an associate in Chapman’s Asset Securitization Department. He works with issuers, borrowers, investors, underwriters, banks, commercial paper conduits, marketplace lending platforms, and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions.
Matthew has experience with asset‑backed securities issuances, secured credit facilities, collateralized debt obligation (CDO) transactions, credit tenant lease (CTL) transactions, cross‑border secured transactions, acquisition financings, and other structured finance transactions.
He has represented clients in securitizations backed by trade receivables, healthcare receivables, consumer loans, commercial loans, tax lien certificates, equipment leases, automobile loans, railcars, residual interests, and residential and commercial mortgage loans.
Matthew participated in the firm’s summer associate program in 2014 and joined the firm in 2015.
- Representation of administrative agent and syndicate in connection with a $1.6 billion structured finance facility
- Representation of issuer in connection with a $300 million securitization of marketplace loans
- Representation of lender in connection with a $200 million trade receivables facility
- Representation of issuer in connection with a $2 billion receivables facility
- Representation of trustee in connection with a $1 billion term securitization of residential mortgage loans
- Representation of trustee in connection with a $55 million credit tenant lease
Honors & Awards
- Chapman and Cutler 2015 Pro Bono Honor Roll