- Asset-Based Lending
- Banking and Financial Services
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate
- Credit and Liquidity Enhancement of Securities
- Credit Enhancement
- Health Care Finance
- Health Care Lending
- Loan Syndications and Trading/Syndicated Credits
- Not-for-Profit Health Care Finance
- Project Finance
- Senior Lending
- Utility Finance
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., Phi Delta Phi, 2003
- Member, Iowa Law Review
University of Iowa, B.B.A., College of Business, Accounting, 2000
Nathan Odem is a partner in the firm’s Banking and Financial Services Department and the Commercial Lending Practice Group and Credit Enhancement Practice Group. He has practiced law since joining the firm in 2003.
Nathan represents banks and other commercial lenders in a wide range of financing transactions. His experience includes representing lenders in connection with structuring, negotiating and documenting secured and unsecured credit facilities involving mergers and acquisitions, equity and asset acquisitions, and capital improvement and working capital lines of credit. Those transactions include single and multi bank credit facilities, loan syndications, asset based financings, and cross border secured transactions involving multi currency availability. Nathan also represents domestic and foreign banks providing credit and liquidity support for tax exempt financings, as well as more traditional financing vehicles for municipal, healthcare and other non profit borrowers, including the direct purchase of bonded indebtedness. Nathan has also advised investment banking firms on municipal securities law matters, and commercial lenders regarding derivative products transactions.
- Moderator, "How Big a Deal Are Direct Purchases?," The Bond Buyer's 26th Annual California Public Finance Conference. September 20 – 22, 2016.
- Moderator, "Contemplating the MSRB's Most Recent Release for Comment," The Bond Buyer's Midwest Municipal Market Conference. May 17, 2016.
- Panelist, "Direct Purchase/Private Placements: Pros, Cons, and Trends," The Bond Buyer's 25th Annual California Public Finance Conference. October 21 – 23, 2015.
- Moderator, "Direct Purchase and Its Reach," The Bond Buyer's Midwest Municipal Market Conference. June 30, 2015.