The University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. 2014
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems
Illinois Wesleyan University, B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, magna cum laude, 2010
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms LegalTrek Scholar
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
Iranian-American Bar Association
Sara Ghadiri is an associate in Chapman’s Banking and Financial Services Department and Litigation Group.
Sara concentrates her practice on the representation of financial institutions in commercial foreclosure, bankruptcy, and employment law matters, and frequently represents financial institutions, corporations, and individuals in federal and state courts. Sara's experience also includes assisting clients in litigation, arbitration, settlement, and compliance with federal and state laws, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act, among others.
In addition, Sara has trial experience in both state and federal court, and is a member of the Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Sara was recently part of a team that successfully defended against a $1.2 million damages claim in a highly technical jury trial.
While in law school, Sara worked as a student legal intern with the University of Iowa Clinical Law Program, where she worked in the domestic violence, immigration, general civil, and family representation practices. She served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Deborah Farmer Minot of the Sixth Judicial District Court of Iowa. Sara was also selected to take part in the ABA Judicial Intern Opportunity Program, where she interned for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Sara was also a Paul Simon Research Fellow for the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform.
As part of her pro bono work, Sara volunteers with the Legal Assistance Foundation’s Orders of Protection Litigation Project to assist survivors of domestic violence in getting no-contact and stay-away orders.
Sara is also a member of the Associates Board of the Illinois Science Council, a volunteer-driven 501(c)(3) organization that engages, educates, and entertains the adult public in Chicago about science, technology, engineering and math.
She participated in the firm's summer associate program in 2013 and joined the firm in 2014.
- Co-Author, "TCPA Update 2017: The First Quarter in Review," Client Alert. April 17, 2017.
- Co-Author, "New FCC Chairman May Change Tack on TCPA," Client Alert. January 24, 2017.
- Co-Author, "Injunction Halts New Overtime Rule from Going into Effect," Client Alert. November 28, 2016.
- Co-Author, "D.C. Circuit Hears Challenge to FCC's Interpretation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act," Client Alert. October 20, 2016.
- Co-Author, "Adverse CFPB Ruling By D.C. Circuit," Client Alert. October 19, 2016.
- Co-Author, "States Seek to Block New DOL Overtime Rule," Client Alert. September 22, 2016.
- Co-Author, "Department of Labor Issues Final Overtime Rule — What to Know Right Now," Client Alert. May 18, 2016.
- Co-Author, "Be Prepared: New Department of Labor Overtime Rules Move Toward Finalization," Client Alert. March 23, 2016.
- Co-Author, "Hidden Mortgagor-Tenants in Ill. Commercial Properties," Law360. November 16, 2015.
- Co-Author, "Judgment Creditors: How Building a Strong Record During Citation Proceedings Can Pay Dividends in Bankruptcy," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law. September 2015.
- Co-Author, "Impacting Millions and Costing Billions: New Proposed “White Collar” Overtime Rules Announced," Client Alert. July 21, 2015.
Honors & Awards
- Boyd Service Award, 2014
- Antonia "DJ" Miller Award for Advancement of Human Rights, 2014
- Michelle R. Bennett Client Representation Award, 2014
- Dean's Award for Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research II, 2012