- Bank Mergers and Acquisitions and Regulatory Applications
- Bank Regulatory Matters
- Bank Secrecy/USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Banking and Financial Services
- Chartering of Financial Institutions
- Community Reinvestment Act Compliance
- Disclosure Requirements (Federal/State)
- Fair Lending and Equal Credit Opportunity
- General Compliance Activities
- Non-Banking Activity Approvals
- Portfolio Acquisitions and Sales
- Privacy and Fair Credit Reporting
- State Licensing, Regulation and Examination
Chapman and Cutler regularly provides advice and counsel on a comprehensive number of issues, including those that may arise during regulatory examinations. We represent clients before regulatory bodies including the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and state banking agencies. Counseling on compliance issues encompasses laws and regulations affecting all products provided by banks, be they deposit, lending (commercial and consumer), insurance, securities, trust, or investment. Advice on compliance issues includes the areas of bank secrecy/anti-money laundering, customer identification programs, electronic funds transfers, privacy, safekeeping of customer information, credit reporting, equal credit opportunity, truth in savings, truth in lending, fair debt collection, advertising, fair trade practices, and community reinvestment.
We regularly counsel clients on regulatory issues involving holding companies, structuring, and related matters including affiliate transactions, capital adequacy, deposit insurance, merchant banking, permissible banking, and non-banking activities and tying arrangements. Compliance advice also includes drafting and review of financial institution policies and procedures, compliance training, and legislative and lobbying activities. In addition, the firm is well versed in MasterCard, Visa, NACHA, and debit return rules and regulations dealing with credit, debit, and stored value transactions.
We are also well positioned to advise clients on matters relating to industrial banks and loan companies.