Chapman’s Litigation Group manages complex commercial mortgage foreclosure and workout matters on a variety of credit facilities involving real estate collateral, including retail centers, large multifamily dwellings, industrial facilities, large-scale housing developments, and high-rise office buildings. Our team advises financial institutions, special asset and distressed property units, and special servicers in the enforcement of loan agreements/guarantees, intercreditor disputes, asset seizure, and other related claims. Our representation includes:
- Commercial and construction mortgage foreclosures and eviction, from inception through ultimate disposition of the property by the client.
- Negotiating and documenting forbearance agreements and other workout arrangements in complex, multidimensional commercial loans secured by real estate and other collateral.
- Restructuring of multimillion-dollar credit facilities secured by real estate, and obtaining multimillion-dollar payoffs or large principal reductions.
- Interpretation and enforcement of lease terms against tenants.
- Assisting in and consummating the sale of real estate collateral in whole or in part, and issuing appropriate releases and documenting necessary mortgage and other loan document modifications.
- Working with municipalities on failed real estate developments in restructuring or re-negotiating, to the client’s advantage, annexation or other agreements that run with the land.
- Addressing municipal code violations and building court matters.
- Priority issues and mechanics’ lien claims.
- Post-judgment collections and fraudulent conveyance litigation.