- Bank Mergers and Acquisitions and Regulatory Applications
- Bank Regulatory Compliance/Examination Activities
- Bank Regulatory Matters
- Bank Secrecy/USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Banking and Financial Services
- Chartering of Financial Institutions
- Community Reinvestment Act Compliance
- Disclosure Requirements (Federal/State)
- General Compliance Activities
- Non-Banking Activity Approvals
- Portfolio Acquisitions and Sales
- Privacy and Fair Credit Reporting
- State Licensing, Regulation and Examination
Fair lending issues have been of paramount importance to lenders for many years. These issues affect both commercial and consumer transactions.
Our practice group's efforts have been focused on risk-based pricing and rate spread issues related to consumer lending.
Chapman and Cutler assists our lender clients in fair lending compliance matters. We provide advice on complying with the federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act and implementing Regulation B, including adverse action notifications.
Additionally, Chapman attorneys have defended creditors in various suits, including class action litigation involving fair lending issues.