Chapman and Cutler represents purchasers and sellers in all forms of M&A transactions. These include stock purchases, asset purchases and mergers. Our M&A group is nationally ranked for bank and bank holding company M&A transactions in terms of dollar volume. Our clients include both publicly listed and privately held businesses.
Our M&A lawyers have extensive experience in the structuring and financing of both domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. Furthermore, they are able to call upon the talents of other firm lawyers with environmental, tax, ERISA, employment, antitrust, real estate, or bankruptcy law experience to resolve matters that can arise during the course of an M&A transaction.
Chapman has represented a wide range of clients in M&A transactions, including manufacturers, food processors, utilities, financial institutions, insurance companies, software and technology firms, and securities and investment advisory firms. In addition, our M&A lawyers have represented pension funds and private equity funds in connection with the purchase and sale of portfolio companies.
- asset purchase of manufacturer of food service products
- asset purchase of bank
- asset purchase of registered investment advisor and fund manager
- asset sale of industrial manufacturer and distributor
- cash merger of a registered broker-dealer
- cash merger of bank holding company
- merger of an exchange listed bank holding company in a tax-free reorganization utilizing foreign issuer stock
- merger of internet travel company
- merger of two exchange listed bank holding companies in a tax-free reorganization
- merger of utility company in a tax-free reorganization
- roll-up merger of 18 operating companies into a single Delaware corporation
- stock purchase of railcar leasing company
- stock purchase of bank
- stock purchase of manufacturer of electronic products
- stock purchase of railcar leasing business
- stock purchase of software development company
- stock purchase of registered investment advisor
- stock sale of beverage manufacturer
- stock sale of leasing finance company
- stock sale of marketing company to an offshore conglomerate
- stock sale of manufacturer of industrial seals