We represent clients in the formation and ongoing operation of private funds such as hedge funds and private equity funds. We have experience with the organization of private funds in a wide range of jurisdictions and can coordinate representation by local counsel in a range of countries.
Some of the services we provide to our private fund clients include:
- Organizing private funds;
- Negotiating with fund investors;
- Advising clients on a full range of regulatory matters relating to the federal securities laws including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Commodity Exchange Act;
- Working with product sponsors on virtually all aspects of disclosure;
- Counseling private funds, their sponsors, advisers and distributors regarding ongoing operational and compliance issues;
- Drafting and reviewing compliance policies and procedures;
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials;
- Providing regular updates and guidance on ongoing regulatory changes impacting private funds, their sponsors, advisers and distributors;
- Commenting on proposed changes in the rules and regulations impacting private funds;
- Drafting and reviewing a range of agreements entered into by private funds, their sponsors, advisers and distributors; and
Assisting with preparations for regulator examinations, responding to adverse findings and negotiation the terms of resulting actions.