Social Impact and SustainabilityPrint Page
Sustainable and responsible business purchasing and investing are important to us, our clients and business sources, and the attorneys and support professionals who join our firm now and into the future. Chapman’s Social Impact and Sustainability Task Force includes members from across the firm who oversee and guide Chapman’s ESG programs and practices and promote opportunities to partner with clients. Our Practice Green team implements these programs and practices, improving our use of resources, steering our purchasing power toward environmentally friendly vendors, and offsetting our carbon footprint.
- UN Global Compact: Chapman is a Participant in the UN Global Compact (UNGC), the world's largest global corporate sustainability initiative, providing a universal language and framework for businesses, and providing a platform for showcasing the firm’s impact and improvement in support of the UNGC’s Principles and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Signatory of Statement from Business Leaders for Renewed Global Cooperation: Chapman joined over 1,000 companies in more than 100 countries in support of the United Nations (UN) and inclusive multilateralism by signing the Statement from Business Leaders for Renewed Global Cooperation. The Statement of support was presented to UN Secretary-General and CEO & Executive Director of the UN Global Compact (UNGC), at the opening of the 2020 annual meeting of the United Nations to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the UN. By signing the Statement, Chapman stands committed to doing our part as a law firm to advance the UNGC's Principles and Sustainable Development Goals and joining corporate colleagues around the globe “united in the business of a better world” by charting more equitable, inclusive, and sustainable paths.
- Practice Green: Chapman is committed to environmental sustainability and champions everyday environmental efforts, including lighting and energy conservation, recycling, water use reduction, and green purchasing. For over 15 years, the firm has undertaken remodeling and retrofitting projects to ensure that our office spaces are eco-friendly and align with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards. We are also a proud member of the Law Firm Sustainability Network—a non-profit organization of law firms and legal departments dedicated to environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Power Partnership: Chapman is a member of the EPA Green Power Partnership. This program recognizes organizations across the United States as leaders committed to green power and we have been recognized as a 100% Green Power Purchaser.
- Energy Star Low Carbon IT Campaign: The Energy Star Low Carbon IT Campaign is a government-sponsored, nationwide program to assist organizations in reducing energy consumption by their IT equipment. Chapman was recognized by Energy Star for our sustainable IT efforts.