Brittany Viola is a partner in Chapman's Asset Securitization Department.
Brittany primarily assists commercial banks and trust companies acting as indenture trustee, back-up servicer, collateral agent, paying agent/securities intermediary, transition agent, custodian, and escrow agent in various public, private, and Rule 144A securitizations.
Brittany’s work also includes the representation of issuers, borrowers, and lenders in a variety of structured finance transactions.
Brittany has represented clients in complex securitization matters involving diverse industries, including transactions backed by auto loans and leases, equipment loans and leases, student loans, PACE bonds, residential mortgage loans, repurchase agreements, credit card receivables, SBA loans, peer-to-peer and consumer loans, solar panel contracts, timeshare loans, business loans (including CLOs), structured settlements, and insurance contracts.
Brittany is on the Board of Directors of the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras and is a member of the Board’s finance committee. She also plays harp with the Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra.
Prior to joining Chapman in 2012, Brittany interned with the legal department at First Trust Portfolios LP.
- Representation of a sponsor in a structured credit facility backed by equipment leases
- Representation of a borrower in a credit facility backed by interests in commercial PACE assets
- Representation of a sponsor establishing a titling trust to purchase commercial PACE assets
- Representation of parties in transactions financing the purchase of receivables owed to vendors by a state government
- Representation of trustees, custodians, and back-up servicers in connection with various public, private and Rule 144A securitizations, and corporate debt transactions
"Abandoning Property Taxes Assessed on Fallow Nonprofit Property," 2012 U. Ill. L. Rev. 298.
Honors & Awards
Chapman and Cutler's Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Asset Securitization
- Asset-Backed Securities
- Banking and Financial Services
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Workouts
- Collateralized Loan Obligations and Collateralized Debt Obligations
- Corporate Counseling
- Equipment Finance Receivables
- Esoteric Assets and Emerging Asset Classes
- Mortgage-Backed Securities
- Motor Vehicle Loans, Leases, and Floorplan Receivables
- Renewable Energy Assets
- Student Loans and Education Finance
- Timeshare Receivables
- Trustees and Back-Up Servicers
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Editor-in-Chief, University of Illinois Law Review
- Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.M., B.M.E., 2009
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association
Structured Finance Association Trustee Committee
Hon. Holly Clemons, Champaign County Circuit Court