Eric Hunter is a partner in the firm’s National Public and Health & Education Finance Department. He has been practicing law since 2000 when he joined Chapman and Cutler LLP. Eric is experienced in the structuring, drafting, negotiation, and review of a wide variety of municipal finance transactions, and has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter’s counsel, and special counsel in connection with electric, gas, water, sewer and solid waste utility; public transportation and telecommunications; 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization; city; county; higher education; school district; special district; joint action agency; municipal building authority; redevelopment agency; airport; private activity/industrial development bond; public housing; and other municipal finance transactions.
Eric has also drafted, or participated in the drafting of, municipal finance legislation adopted by the Utah legislature.
- $700 million Utah Transit Authority Sales Tax Revenue Bonds (financed commuter rail facilities)
- $80 million Central Utah Water Conservancy District Water Conservancy Revenue Bonds (financed the largest ever public purchase of water rights in Utah; issued in four concurrent series of fixed and variable rate taxable and tax-exempt bonds in order to accomplish various financing objectives of the District)
- $96 million Boise State University General Revenue and Refunding Bonds
- Utah Water Finance Agency Program Revenue Bonds (financed loans to various governmental agencies for the financing and refinancing of water and sewer system facilities)
- $349 million American Public Energy Association Gas Supply Variable Rate Revenue Bonds (structured financing of a prepayment of a long-term gas supply)
- "Securities Law Considerations for Higher Education Bonds," Chapman and Cutler LLP White Paper. November 2014.
- 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Finance
- Airport Finance
- Bond Counsel
- General Obligation Bonds
- Governmental Revenue Bonds
- Leases, Installment Contracts and Debt Certificates
- Municipal Building Authorities and Public Building Commissions
- Private Activity Bonds
- Public Finance
- Solid Waste, Sewage and other Environmental Disposal
- Special District Bonds
- Underwriter's Counsel
Brigham Young University - J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000
- Law Review, 1998 to 2000
Brigham Young University, B.S., Business Management/Psychology, summa cum laude, 1995