Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, Associate Editor
- Student Bar Association, President
Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2000
Greg Xethalis is senior counsel in Chapman's Corporate and Securities Department and a member of the firm's Investment Management Group. He represents clients in financial services and emerging technology matters.
Greg counsels clients in the investment management, corporate, and digital asset/blockchain ecosystems. His representation of clients in the digital asset space has included registered and private fund sponsors, operators of digital asset exchanges and custodians, bitcoin mining companies, clients developing tokenized platforms, and entrepreneurs and institutional clients experimenting with blockchain/DLT projects. He also counsels clients in developing ventures and building consortia to leverage blockchain technology in existing and new frameworks. Greg is a frequent speaker on developing regulatory issues relating to bitcoin, ethereum, and the adoption of distributed ledger technology.
Greg also advises investment advisers and boards of exchange-traded fund (ETF) and mutual fund platforms in matters including fund formation, registration of shares with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and ongoing compliance matters. He represents sponsors of exchange-traded commodities (ETC) and advisers to private funds.
- Panelist, "Raising the 'Bar,'" Crypto Evolved. June 27, 2018.
- Panelist, "Fintech and Banking: A Welcome Partnership?," Illinois Bankers Association Annual Conference. June 20 – 22, 2018.
- Panelist, "Crypto Assets and the Evolving US Regulatory Landscape," Chapman and Cutler LLP's CLE Marathon. May 1 – 2, 2018.
- Panelist, “Market Infrastructure: Clearing, Settlements, Compliance, Admin, Audit,” LendIt Fintech USA 2018. April 9 – 11, 2018.
Honors & Awards
Fordham University School of Law's Rising Star Award (2018)