Greg Xethalis is a partner in Chapman's Corporate and Securities Department and a member of the firm's Investment Management Group. He represents clients in financial services and emerging technology matters.
Greg counsels clients in the investment management, corporate, and digital asset/blockchain ecosystems. His representation of clients in the digital asset space has included registered and private fund sponsors, operators of digital asset trading, lending and custody platforms, bitcoin mining companies, clients developing tokenized platforms, and entrepreneurs and institutional clients experimenting with blockchain/DLT projects. He also counsels clients in developing ventures and building consortia to leverage blockchain technology in existing and new frameworks. Greg is a frequent speaker on developing regulatory issues relating to bitcoin, ethereum, and the adoption of distributed ledger technology.
Greg also advises investment advisers and boards of exchange-traded fund (ETF) and mutual fund platforms in matters including fund formation, registration of shares with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and ongoing compliance matters. He represents sponsors of exchange-traded commodities (ETC) and advisers to private funds.
- Panelist, "At the Frontier of a Reimagined Legal Landscape," Fordham Law Blockchain Regulatory Symposium, November 11, 2019
- Panelist, "Forget Blockchain—It's All About the Tokens," Digital Asset Strategy Summit, October 20–21, 2019
- Panelist, "State of Regulation," Digital Asset Strategy Summit, October 20–21, 2019
- Moderator, "Morning Dose of DeFi," New York Blockchain Week, May 15, 2019.
- Panelist, "Cryptoassets and the Evolving US Regulatory Landscape," Chapman and Cutler's CLE Marathon, May 7–8, 2019
- Panelist, "Tokenizing Assets: Bridging Securitization and Fintech," Chapman and Cutler's CLE Marathon, May 7–8, 2019
- Moderator, “Investing in Tokenized Real Estate,” LendIt Fintech USA 2019, April 8–9, 2019
- Moderator, "Raising Capital. Family Offices. Institutional Investors." Digital Asset Investment Forum, December 5, 2018
- Panelist, "The ABCs of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies," Digital Asset Strategies Summit, October 16–17, 2018
- Panelist, "Comprehending the Crypto Economy," NICSA Crypto Economy Summit, September 19, 2018
- Panelist, "Government Balance: Regulation vs. Innovation," Distributed 2018, July 20, 2018
- Panelist, "Raising the 'Bar,'" Crypto Evolved, June 27, 2018
- Panelist, "Fintech and Banking: A Welcome Partnership?," Illinois Bankers Association Annual Conference, June 20–22, 2018
- Panelist, "Cryptoassets and the Evolving US Regulatory Landscape," Chapman and Cutler's CLE Marathon, May 1–2, 2018
- Panelist, “Market Infrastructure: Clearing, Settlements, Compliance, Admin, Audit,” LendIt Fintech USA 2018, April 9–11, 2018
Honors & Awards
Fordham University School of Law's Rising Star Award (2018)
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, Associate Editor
- Student Bar Association, President
Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2000
Fordham Law Alumni Association
- Board of Directors
Wall Street Blockchain Alliance