- Cities and Villages
- Fire Protection Districts
- General Obligation Bonds
- Governmental Revenue Bonds
- Leases, Installment Contracts and Debt Certificates
- Primary and Secondary Education
- Public Finance
- Special District Bonds
- Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes and Warrants
- Tax Increment Bond Financings
Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., cum laude, 2000
Julie Kelly is senior counsel in the Illinois Public Finance Department of Chapman and Cutler LLP. She participated in the firm's summer associate program in 2004, and joined the firm in 2005. Julie’s practice focuses on acting as bond counsel for governmental use financings. She has extensive experience in the area of financings for cities, counties, park districts, school districts, villages and various other units of local government.
Julie has publicly presented on various municipal finance topics. These speaking engagements include The Public Investors’ Financial Symposium 2007, sponsored by the Illinois State Treasurer, the 2nd Annual Municipal Practice & Litigation Institute, sponsored by the Illinois Institute for Legal Education, and the Illinois Institute for Local Government Law Annual Conference 2012.