Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2008
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude, 2005
U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York
Marina Zelinsky is senior counsel in Chapman’s Banking and Financial Services Department. She advises private equity funds and other financial institutions in connection with a broad range of commercial lending transactions, including senior secured, first and second lien, and unsecured loans. Drawing on her background as a bankruptcy attorney, Marina advises clients on bankruptcy and restructuring matters arising in connection with special situations investments and loan restructurings. Marina also represents broker-dealers, investment funds, and other financial institutions in the purchase and sale of various distressed assets, including bank loans, high-yield debt, credit derivatives, claims against bankruptcy estates, and interests in litigation trusts.
- Represented hedge fund in connection with a $15 million loan made to a digital gaming company
- Represented hedge fund in connection with a $45 million loan made to equipment power company
- Represented hedge fund in connection with a $95 million first lien, second lien and third lien loan to a media company
- Represented a life sciences hedge fund in connection with a $30 million loan to a medical device company
- Represented a hedge fund in connection with a $42.5 million loan to a medical device company
- Represented bank, as lender and agent, in providing a $160 million secured loan to a food and beverage company
- Represented bank, as agent, lender and lead arranger, in providing a $95 million secured loan to a pharmacy services company
- Represented investment company, as lender, in providing a $50 million secured loan to a company providing waste disposal services
- Represented an asset manager in providing $32.5 million secured loan to a lubricant solutions company
- Represented hedge fund in providing a debtor-in-possession financing and exit financing to a distributor of transmission and drive train products to the automotive aftermarket
- Represented independent director in connection with a strict foreclosure by senior secured lenders
- Co-Author, "Pro Rata Sharing Provisions in Credit Agreements: What Lenders and Loan Investors Need to Know," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law. October 2017.
- Co-Author, "LIBOR Manipulation: The International Regulatory and Institutional Response," Bloomberg BNA. July 2014.