- Topic: Cybersecurity
- Client AlertU.S. Department of Labor Announces Cybersecurity Guidance for Plan Sponsors, Fiduciaries and ParticipantsApril 16, 2021
On April 14, the U.S. Department of Labor announced guidance for plan sponsors, plan fiduciaries, record keepers, and plan participants on best practices for maintaining cybersecurity, including tips on how to protect the retirement benefits of participants.
- Client AlertFebruary 5, 2021
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. recently issued its 2021 Report on FINRA’s Risk Monitoring and Examination Activities. The new Report is designed to assist FINRA member firms’ compliance programs by providing annual insights from FINRA’s ongoing regulatory operations.
- Client AlertJanuary 16, 2020
FINRA recently issued its 2020 Risk Monitoring and Examination Priorities Letter. The letter highlights the areas of focus for FINRA’s risk monitoring, surveillance and examination programs for 2020 and contain numerous links to Regulatory Notices, FINRA Reports and other resources to aid broker-dealers in complying with the priority areas.
- Client AlertJanuary 16, 2019
The beginning of each year provides an opportunity for investment advisers to review compliance and regulatory matters, including issues related to private investment funds and commodity pools.
- Client AlertJanuary 8, 2019
The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations has released its 2019 National Exam Program Examination Priorities.
- Client AlertFebruary 21, 2018
In light of the increasing significance of cybersecurity incidents, the SEC published a press release and additional Commission-level guidance regarding disclosure obligations relating to cybersecurity risks and incidents, which reinforces and expands upon the SEC staff guidance provided in 2011 and addresses two additional topics.
- Client AlertJanuary 31, 2018
The beginning of each year provides an opportunity for investment advisers to review compliance and regulatory matters, including issues related to private investment funds and commodity pools, which are briefly summarized in this alert.
- Client AlertMay 16, 2016
On May 10, 2016 the U.S. Department of the Treasury published a white paper entitled “Opportunities and Challenges in Online Marketplace Lending.” The White Paper follows the “Request for Information” which the Department published in July 2015 to solicit public input on various topics concerning marketplace lending.
- ArticleFDIC Emphasizes Corporate Leadership to Address the Key Risk Management Issues Raised by Cybersecurity and Marketplace LendingPratt's Privacy & Cybersecurity Law ReportMay 2016 (Originally Published February 3, 2016)
Pratt's Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report republished a special edition of Chapman's To the Point! newsletter.
- To the Point!Legal, Operations, and Strategy Briefs for Financial InstitutionsMarch 23, 2016
In this edition:
- Use of Property Evaluations
- A Bank Customer’s Guide to Cybersecurity
- Certain Prepaid Cardholders Treated as Customers for CIP Requirements
- Client AlertClient AlertSeptember 17, 2015
The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations recently issued a Risk Alert providing information on the areas of focus for the SEC staff’s second round of cybersecurity examinations of registered investment advisers and broker-dealers.
- Client AlertClient AlertSeptember 11, 2015
The National Futures Association recently submitted an interpretive notice proposal to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission that would require NFA members to establish information systems security programs.
- Client AlertClient AlertApril 30, 2015
The staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Investment Management recently published guidance for registered investment advisers and registered investment companies related to cybersecurity preparedness in their business practices.