- Topic: Trust Indenture Act
- White PaperMarch 2018
Chapman’s "Defaulted Securities: The Guide for Trustees and Bondholders" advances understanding and consideration of issues related to trustees and bondholders in both corporate and municipal financings.
- Client AlertJanuary 25, 2017
In a decision that deals a potential blow to holdout noteholders in out-of-court restructurings, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit adopted a narrow interpretation of Section 316(b) of the Trust Indenture Act.
- Client AlertMarch 24, 2016
Retail bondholders recently filed two class action suits in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York challenging exchange offers under the Trust Indenture Act.
- Client AlertMarblegate II and the “Tyranny of the Minority” – Another Weapon is Added to Bondholders' Arsenal to Disrupt Exchange Offers and RestructuringsJuly 8, 2015
A recent decision in the Southern District of New York interpreting the Trust Indenture Act will likely provide bondholders additional leverage in out-of-court restructurings.
- Client AlertThe Trust Indenture Act has Reemerged as a Powerful Tool for Objecting Bondholders Outside of BankruptcyClient AlertMarch 13, 2015
Out-of-court debt restructurings may face greater hurdles to success in light of two recent federal court decisions out of New York broadly expanding dissenting bondholders’ rights under the Trust Indenture Act.