- Topic: U.S. Treasury
- Client AlertOctober 23, 2017
The United States Treasury Department has withdrawn proposed regulations dealing with the definition of “political subdivisions” for purposes of the tax-exempt bond provisions of the federal tax law. Political subdivisions are divisions of state or local governmental units that can issue federally tax-exempt bonds.
- Client AlertJune 19, 2017
On June 12, the Department of Treasury issued the first report in a series regarding regulation of the financial system. The report recommends that high-grade municipal bonds be categorized as Level 2B liquid assets instead of generally being excluded as HQLA currently.
- Client AlertJuly 20, 2016
On July 18, the U.S. Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service published final arbitrage regulations that contain revisions to the tax-exempt bond regulations relating to, among other things, working capital financings.
- Client AlertMay 20, 2016
On April 4, the U.S. Treasury Secretary announced that the government would release regulations to curb inversions and reduce the ability of companies to avoid taxes through “earnings stripping;” those regulations were published in the Federal Register on April 8th.
- Client AlertMay 16, 2016
On May 10, 2016 the U.S. Department of the Treasury published a white paper entitled “Opportunities and Challenges in Online Marketplace Lending.” The White Paper follows the “Request for Information” which the Department published in July 2015 to solicit public input on various topics concerning marketplace lending.
- ArticleRecent IRS Regulations Involving Mixed-Use Projects Financed With Tax-Exempt Bonds Very Beneﬁcial to 501(c)(3) Health Care OrganizationsBloomberg BNA's Health Law ReporterMarch 24, 2016
On Oct. 27, 2015, the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service published long-awaited final regulations that provide welcome guidance to 501(c)(3) health care organizations that are borrowers of qualified 501(c)(3) bonds.
- To the Point!Legal, Operations, and Strategy Briefs for Financial InstitutionsJuly 29, 2015
In this edition:
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act Declaratory Ruling
- CFPB First Monthly Complaint Report
- Treasury Department Inquires about Marketplace Lending
- Client AlertJuly 10, 2015
On May 20th, the IRS released draft updates to the U.S. Model Income Tax Convention.
- Client AlertClient AlertSeptember 7, 2012
The U.S. Treasury recently released a report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration that states that the Internal Revenue Service more than doubled the number of bond examinations conducted per year from the number of examinations it conducted during previous reporting periods.