Kelly Cline is an associate in Chapman's Commercial Lending Group and a member of the Banking and Financial Services Department. Kelly's practice focuses on the representation of bank and nonbank lenders in a variety of secured and unsecured lending transactions. Her experience includes negotiating, structuring, and documenting credit facilities, including asset-based loans, acquisition financings, and leveraged financings.
Prior to joining Chapman in 2019, Kelly worked on structured investments at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Represented a specialty lender in a $20 million senior secured term loan for a life settlement policy investor
- Represented Perceptive Advisors, a life sciences-focused hedge fund, in a $20 million senior debt facility for a biotechnology company pioneering a new class of small-molecule drugs that selectively destroy disease-causing proteins via degredation
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, North Carolina Banking Institute Journal
North Carolina State University, B.A., Political Science, 2015
- Acquisition of High-Precision Metal Components Supplier
Chapman represented Turnspire Capital Partners LLC, a special situations-focused private investment firm, in its acquisition of the assets of MPI Holdings, LLC, a leading supplier of formed metal products to the North America automotive industry.
- Acquisition of Commercial Vehicle Suspension Component Supplier
Chapman represented Turnspire Capital Partners LLC, a special situations-focused private investment firm, in its acquisition of Infinity Engineered Products, a leading provider of premium air springs for trucks, trailers, buses, and specialty vehicles.
- Acquisition of Measurement and Control Business of Emerson Electric
Chapman represented Turnspire Capital Partners LLC, a special situations-focused private investment firm, in its acquisition of Daniel Measurement and Control, a global leader in providing measurement technologies and services for the energy industry, from Emerson Electric Co.