Chapman’s Practice Innovations team designs and implements practical, cost-effective legal process and technology solutions for legal departments and business teams of financial institutions. Our focus on finance and century of service to the financial services marketplace makes us an ideal partner to help in-house counsel increase productivity and reduce costs through technology development and deployment, workflow improvement, and other legal department operational needs.
Chapman innovations and solutions include:
- Technology development and deployment: Document and process automation, document analysis, machine learning (AI), and expert systems design
- Process and workflow: Process mapping, forms, checklists, playbooks, and toolkits
- Data management/visualization: Data collection, data analytics, custom metrics dashboards, and secure information sharing solutions
- Advisory/consulting: Traditional legal advice, technology and vendor evaluations, workflow design, and pilot projects
Chapman Practice Innovations Updates
- ConferenceOctober 10, 2019
Chapman’s Director of Practice Innovations Michael Nogroski spoke at the 2019 Emerging Legal Technology Forum.
- ConferenceSeptember 17, 2019
Chapman's Chief Executive Partner Tim Mohan and Practice Innovations and Technology Partner Eric Wood spoke at the 5th Annual Disruption and Innovation in the Delivery of Legal Services Conference.
- NewsNetDocuments Introduces SetBuilder to Simplify Document Organization for Transactional Closings and MoreMay 1, 2019
NetDocuments, the leading, secure cloud-based content services platform, today introduced SetBuilder, the fully-integrated NetDocuments application based on the acquisition of Chapman’s Closing Room solution.
- ConferenceMarch 14, 2019
Chapman Practice Innovations Analyst Shea Smock spoke at a Document Review, Analysis & Interpretation Using Artificial Intelligence conference hosted by Giant City Media.
- NewsNovember 7, 2018
NetDocuments, the leading secure cloud-based content services platform for law firms, corporate legal teams and compliance departments, announced today at ndElevate, its annual customer and partner summit, that it acquired Closing Room, a deal management application developed by Chapman and Cutler LLP to streamline transactional closing processes.
- ConferenceOctober 10-12, 2018
Chapman's Practice Innovations and Technology Partner Eric Wood spoke at the LegalWeek Strategic Technology Forum USA.
- ConferenceJune 7–8, 2018
Chapman's Chief Executive Partner Tim Mohan served as co-chair of the 2018 Legal Executive Forum, hosted by Thomson Reuters Legal Executive Institute.
- ConferenceApril 22–25, 2018
Chapman attorneys Eric Wood and Matt Wirig and the firm's Director of Practice Innovations Michael Nogroski spoke at the 2018 Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) Corporate Legal Operations Institute.
- ConferenceJanuary 30-February 1, 2018
Chapman attorney Eric Wood spoke at Legaltech New York.
- EventNovember 30, 2017
Chapman’s Director of Practice Innovations Michael Nogroski participated in a webinar co-hosted by Bloomberg BNA and HighQ.
- NewsOctober 2017
In a video by The Law Lab, Chapman attorney Eric Wood presents at the 2017 Chicago-Kent Fin(Legal)Tech Conference.
- ConferenceOctober 19, 2017
Chapman attorney Eric Wood spoke at the 2017 Chicago-Kent Fin(Legal)Tech Conference.
- EventSeptember 12, 2017
Chapman attorney Eric Wood participated in a webinar hosted by the Legal Executive Institute.
- ConferenceAugust 17, 2017
Chapman’s Director of Practice Innovations Michael Nogroski spoke at the International Legal Technology Association's 2017 Conference.
- ConferenceNovember 4, 2016
Chapman's Chief Executive Partner Tim Mohan spoke at the 2016 Fin(Legal)Tech Conference.
- ConferenceAugust 31, 2016
Chapman’s Director of Practice Innovations Michael Nogroski spoke at the International Legal Technology Association's (ILTA) 2016 Conference.
- ArticleLaw Firm KM: Driving Practice Innovation and Redefining Service DeliveryMarch 2016
Chapman’s Director of Practice Innovations Michael Nogroski authored “Blockchain Technology Can Inform the Legal Profession,” a chapter in a book entitled Law Firm KM: Driving Practice Innovation and Redefining Service Delivery.