Attorneys in the bank regulatory practice of Chapman and Cutler have participated in the chartering of holding companies, state and national banks, federal savings banks, industrial loan companies, and their subsidiaries. These transactions have included assistance with limited purpose charters, such as those for credit cards and cash management banks. The firm has also assisted in the conversion of banks to different charters, such as conversion from a state bank to a national bank.
Typical activities in which our practice group attorneys engage include assisting clients with regulatory applications to the state or federal regulatory body that will charter the institution, related applications for deposit insurance and procedures to be utilized by the financial institution and in pre-opening examinations, and the development of commercial and consumer programs for the new institution.
We have also established interim institutions to assist in the expansion, merger, and consolidation activities of financial institutions.
We are well positioned to counsel clients on the utilization of an industrial bank or industrial loan company, unique to California and Utah, as a vehicle to deliver consumer financial services.
- Bank Mergers and Acquisitions and Regulatory Applications
- Bank Regulatory Compliance/Examination Activities
- Bank Regulatory Matters
- Bank Secrecy/USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Banking and Financial Services
- Community Reinvestment Act Compliance
- Disclosure Requirements (Federal/State)
- Fair Lending and Equal Credit Opportunity
- General Compliance Activities
- Non-Banking Activity Approvals
- Privacy and Fair Credit Reporting
- State Licensing, Regulation and Examination