Chapman and Cutler LLP’s broad experience and distinguished history in private and public finance and securities law are the foundation of its work in the complex area of secondary market transactions and secondary trades. The firm represents both purchasers and sellers (including intermediary purchasers/sellers) of debt and equity securities of distressed and non-distressed issuers, including investment grade and non-investment grade debt, real estate-backed and other secured securities, credit tenant loans, leveraged leases, synthetic leases and CAPCO securities.
Chapman and Cutler's extensive experience with initial issuances provides a level of proficiency that is essential when evaluating transactions being sold in the secondary market.
At Chapman and Cutler, we understand the importance of the secondary market as not only a vehicle for an investor’s exit from a credit, but also as a primary source of new investments.
Practice group attorneys involved with secondary market trade matters are well versed in the intricacies and nuances of the underlying transaction documentation, which leads to the expedient execution of these secondary trades.
In the distressed market, our attorneys counsel clients regarding so-called “big boy” provisions and other issues unique in the context of distressed issuers.
- The firm routinely represents institutional purchasers of investment grade private placement securities.
- The firm represented the seller of debt securities of a cross-border issuer in local insolvency proceedings.
- The firm represented the sellers of mezzanine notes of a distressed issuer to the senior lender.
- The firm negotiated a series of pools of credit tenant loans that were structured with a pass-through trust.
- The firm represented an intermediary purchaser/seller in reviewing secondary market transactions.
- Asset-Based Lending
- Certified Capital Company Finance (CAPCOs)
- Conventional Secured and Unsecured Debt Finance
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Corporate Trustee Transactions
- Credit and Liquidity Enhancement of Securities
- Credit Tenant Loan Finance
- Cross-Border Institutional Private Placements
- Derivative Transactions
- Federal Government Finance
- Mezzanine Finance
- Private High Yield
- Private Investment in Public Entities (PIPEs)
- Project Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Rule 144A and Other Exempt Offerings
- SEC and Stock Exchange Compliance
- SEC Registered Offerings (Debt and Equity)
- Second Lien Financings
- Secondary Offerings
- Sports Finance
- Utility Finance