In addition to banks and other financial institutions, Chapman and Cutler attorneys assist commercial lenders, consumer lenders, trust companies, retailers, and non-bank entities in obtaining required state licenses in order to conduct their businesses, and we have developed policies, procedures, programs, documents, and forms to assist them in complying with federal and state law requirements and regulations.
We also assist finance companies, retailers, and other non-financial institution lenders in state regulatory and examination matters.
The firm has helped commercial finance companies obtain licenses where required for commercial lending and leasing. We also assist entities in obtaining retail installment, small loan, mortgage banker, and mortgage broker licenses.
- Bank Mergers and Acquisitions and Regulatory Applications
- Bank Regulatory Compliance/Examination Activities
- Bank Regulatory Matters
- Bank Secrecy/USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Banking and Financial Services
- Chartering of Financial Institutions
- Community Reinvestment Act Compliance
- Disclosure Requirements (Federal/State)
- Fair Lending and Equal Credit Opportunity
- General Compliance Activities
- Non-Banking Activity Approvals
- Portfolio Acquisitions and Sales
- Privacy and Fair Credit Reporting