Amy Olshansky is a Partner in the Corporate Finance Department at Chapman and Cutler LLP and has been with the firm since 2001. Amy has extensive finance experience with an emphasis on domestic and cross border private placements. Financings involving Amy have included issuers and guarantors and entities providing credit support in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, India, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland, and Australia. Her institutional investor clients have included insurance companies, banks and other financial institutions from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Japan.
Among the billions of dollars in financings, Amy’s representative transactions have involved a range of entities. She represented institutional investors in the purchase of $645 million floating rate senior notes issued by a private trust with office, retail, and industrial properties in over a dozen states; institutional investors in the purchase of $725 million fixed and floating rate notes issued by one of Australia’s largest gaming companies; institutional investors in purchasing $200 million of Subordinated Term Notes of an Irish financial institution; and US institutional investors in the Canadian dollar denominated private financing for a company whose assets included sporting franchises and a major sporting arena. Amy has also represented institutional investors in more than 90 transactions involving the purchase of Senior Notes and Mandatory Redeemable Preferred Shares of various 1940 Act Investment Company Closed End Funds.
In 1998, Amy earned her J.D. from the University of Notre Dame Law School and M.B.A. from the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame; she earned a B.A. from Cornell University in 1994. Prior to joining Chapman, she was an associate at a Chicago law firm focused on commercial real estate transactions and general financings.
- Panelist, "Women in Private Placements," Annual Private Placements Industry Forum. January 21–24, 2020.
- Panelist, "Investing in the Global Private Placement Market," 2018 Private Placements Global Forum. November 5, 2018.
- Panelist, "The Private Placement Market in Context," 2017 Private Placements Global Forum. November 2, 2017
- Moderator, "The Private Placement Market: Where Are We Now?" 2016 Private Placements Global Forum. November 2, 2016.
- Panelist, "Investing in the Global Private Placement Market," 2015 Private Placements Global Forum. November 4, 2015.
- Panelist, "Economic Update/Circle Process/Due Diligence Issues," American College of Investment Counsel Spring Investment Forum. April 24-25, 2014.
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1998
University of Notre Dame, M.B.A., 1998
Cornell University, B.A., 1994
American College of Investment Counsel
- Board of Trustees 2011-2014
Lincoln Park Zoo
- Executive Committee of the Women's Board