Chapman’s Special Situations and Restructuring team represents purchasers and sellers in all forms of M&A transactions, including stock and asset purchases and M&A joint ventures.
- Counsel to Clairvest Group Inc. and Rubico Gaming LLC in a joint venture to acquire the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington and in connection with the financing of such transaction.
- Counsel to Clairvest Group Inc. in the purchase of an equity interest in video gaming company Accel Entertainment, Inc.
- Counsel to Spectacle Entertainment, majority partner in a joint venture, in connection with the acquisition of the Majestic Star riverboat casinos and, later, the financing and development of the Hard Rock Northern Indiana Casino in Gary.
- Counsel to Centaur Holdings, LLC in connection with its acquisitions of two casinos and horse racing tracks (racinos) located in Indiana pursuant to a chapter 11 plan of reorganization and a section 363 sale, and followed by, years later, the sale of the two racinos to Caesars Entertainment for $1.7 billion.
- Counsel to a commercial bank in its $1.5 billion acquisition of a portfolio of health care equipment leases and loans involving 1,100 hospitals and 3,600 physician practices and diagnostic and imaging centers across the US. The transaction included a five-year vendor finance program agreement.
- Counsel to an Israeli financial institution in connection with the purchase of US marketplace loans.
- Counsel to the purchaser in the acquisition of a minority equity interest in US owner/operator of gas stations and convenience stores located across the east coast of the US from an insolvent Israeli public company pursuant to a court-supervised process.
- Counsel to a Connecticut-based private equity fund in the restructuring of the debt, and eventual sale, of stock of a portfolio company.
- Counsel to a commercial finance company based in Toronto in connection with a series of transactions to sell rail assets.
- Counsel to a New York private equity sponsor in the purchase of a precision injection molding company with operations in the US, UK, and China.
- Counsel to a New York hedge fund in connection with the sale of a Mexico-based trailer manufacturing company.
- Counsel to a private investment firm in the acquisition of a supplier of high-precision metal components.
- Counsel to a private investment firm in the acquisition of a commercial vehicle suspension component supplier.
- Counsel to a private fund in the acquisition of a leading producer of fresh and processed pork and turkey products.
- Counsel to a private fund in its investment in a structural steel fabrication business.
- Counsel to a private fund in the acquisition of a global manufacturer of complex assembled components and finished products servicing the datacenter, automotive, energy and industrial markets.
- Counsel to a private fund in connection with its investment in a company organized to purchase receivables of a state government.
- Counsel to a private fund in the acquisition of subordinated secured notes of aircraft holdings company.
- Counsel to a mezzanine lender of its purchase of a securitized senior loan to a residential real estate complex.
- Counsel to a private fund in the acquisition and subsequent SPAC sale of a private music label.