Chapman advises clients on health care regulatory and compliance issues related to not-for-profit and for-profit financing transactions.
Chapman’s deal teams draw upon the seasoned experience of health care regulatory and compliance counsel, providing strategic advice and regulatory guidance to clients navigating complex and ever-changing health care rules and regulations.
Chapman is equipped to guide clients through the myriad health care regulatory and due diligence aspects of transactions involving health care companies, including equity and debt transactions. Our health care regulatory and compliance counsel plays an integral role in the preparation and negotiation of lending and disclosure documents, including credit agreements and official statements.
Our experience on regulatory issues covers:
- Physician Self-Referral (Stark Law)
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- HIPAA privacy and security
- Corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting
- Licensure and accreditation
- Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement
- Clinical integration and health care reform efforts