Chapman and Cutler LLP has engaged in a dynamic finance practice for more than 100 years. Our attorneys have extensive experience as special counsel representing institutional lenders, including insurance companies, banks, capital companies, pension funds and other financial institutions.
Our attorneys' collective depth of interdisciplinary experience results in a sophisticated collaborative approach to the most complex transactions.
Chapman and Cutler attorneys work with investors, lenders and issuers in connection with the direct placement of domestic and cross-border corporate securities and other loan transactions in a wide variety of unsecured financings, as well as financings secured by varied collateral including real estate, all classes of UCC collateral, rolling stock, aircraft, vessels, leaseholds, "FF&E," lease rentals, specialty equipment, motor vehicles, intellectual property and a growing universe of other tangible and intangible asset types.
- Senior Counsel
- Senior Counsel
- $485 million senior unsecured notes of a domestic food retailer
- $225 million senior secured notes of a large beverage and food distribution concern, secured by the pledge of the stock of domestic subsidiaries and a blanket lien on substantially all assets including real estate
- $660 million senior unsecured notes of a German auto maker
- $55 million senior notes of a natural gas storage concern secured by the pledge of customer storage contracts
- $311 million senior guaranteed notes of an international health and life sciences company
- $150 million senior unsecured notes of one of the world's largest title insurance providers
- $100 million senior unsecured notes of one of the world's largest publishing companies
- $70 million subordinated unsecured notes of a bank holding company, structured to qualify as "tier 2" capital under regulatory capital guidelines
- $40 million senior notes of a beverage bottle manufacturing cooperative guaranteed by the members
- $30 million senior secured notes of a manufacturer of power and electric utility equipment and automotive parts secured by a lien on substantially all personal property, including equipment, inventory and receivables
- $25 million senior secured notes of the general partner/manager of certain affiliated private equity funds secured by the GP/manager's interest in the affiliated funds and including an equity kicker consisting of a share of the carried interest received by the GP/manager