Ed Pelican’s experience includes representing financial institutions and other businesses in finance related transactions. His work has included financing transactions involving private placements of debt and equity, acquisition and mezzanine financing, various secured financings, as well as, leveraged leases and credit tenant loans.
- Represented institutional investors in a series of private placements of senior secured notes aggregating in excess of $1 billion which were issued by an Irish entity with a Swiss parent guarantor that has global operations
- Represented institutional investors in a private placement of $535 million of senior notes issued by a publicly traded US manufacturer and distributor of beauty care products with global operations
- Represented institutional investors in a private placement of $175 million senior unsecured notes for a major real estate development company
- Represented institutional investors in a private placement of $150 million senior unsecured notes for a New Zealand airport
- Represented investors in a $90 million conditional sale financing for a major Canadian railway company
- Represented institutional investors in a $27 million credit tenant financing for the principal office headquarters for a major credit card service company
- Represented investors in a secured financing in connection with the acquisition of an oil refinery
- Panelist, “Issuer Debriefs: Private Placement Procedural Roundable,” 2016 Private Placements Industry Forum. January 20 — 22, 2016.
- Moderator, "Market Update," 2015 American College of Investment Counsel Spring Forum. April 30 — May 1, 2015.
Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1993
University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Accounting, with highest honors, 1990
American College of Investment Counsel