University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., Political Science and Environmental Studies, 2003
Eric Wood is the Practice Innovations and Technology Partner. As a member of Chapman’s Practice Innovations group, Eric works across the firm's offices and practice groups to research, design and develop legal technology tools for Chapman’s attorneys and clients.
Eric’s experience includes developing internal- and external-facing document automation systems, designing custom transaction management and contract analysis software, building legal expert systems, coding interactive data visualizations of transactional metadata and leading numerous service design, process optimization and knowledge management initiatives.
Eric draws on significant prior experience in commercial lending and securities transactions, previously working as an associate in the Banking and Financial Services Department at Chapman and the Capital Markets group at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in New York. Before attending law school, he worked on legal technology and access to justice projects as an AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer for Wyoming Legal Services.
- "How Law Firms Can Successfully Create an Innovation Platform," 5th Annual Disruption and Innovation in the Delivery of Legal Services Conference. September 17, 2019.
- "Showcasing Innovation to the Client: Giving Your Firm a Competitive Edge," LegalWeek Strategic Technology Forum. October 10 – 12, 2018.
- "Agents of Change: Profiles in Law Firm Intrapreneurship," 2018 Legal Executive Forum. June 7 – 8, 2018.
- "Implementing Legal Technology in Transactional Practice," Chapman and Cutler's 2018 CLE Marathon. May 2, 2018.
- "NDA+," 2018 CLOC Corporate Legal Operations Institute. April 22 – 25, 2018.
- "Document Automation—Workflow Strategies for Competitive Firms," Legaltech New York. January 30 – February 1, 2018.
- "Contracts, Code and Automation," 2017 Fin(Legal)Tech Conference. October 19, 2017.
- “Document Automation: Workflow Strategies for Competitive Law Firms,” Legal Executive Institute Webinar. September 12, 2017.