Carson Klarck is an associate in Chapman’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group and a member of the Banking and Financial Services Department.
Carson’s practice focusses on complex commercial restructurings and both distressed and non-distressed transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, and special situations financings. Carson represents hedge funds, private equity funds, alternative lenders, banks, and other financial institutions in connection with a variety of corporate transactions.
He is also an active participant in Chapman's pro bono practice.
- Represented Clairvest Group Inc., Clairvest Equity Partners VI, and Rubico Gaming LLC in the acquisition of the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Banking and Financial Services
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Workouts
- Claims and Recovery Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights in Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Distressed Investing
- Financial Advisor Retention
- General Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Municipal Restructuring and Workouts
- Workouts and Out-of-Court Restructurings
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- Internet Editor, The Elder Law Journal
University of Illinois, B.A., Economics, 2017
- Acquisition and Financing of Delaware Park Casino and Racetrack
Chapman served as lead counsel to Clairvest Group Inc., Clairvest Equity Partners VI, and Rubico Gaming LLC in the acquisition and financing of the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington, Delaware. Partner Cathy Rossouw led the Chapman deal team that included Michael Friedman, Aaron Krieger, Helena Honig, and Carson Klarck on the acquisition, and Simone Tatsch, Nick Whitney, Eric Manor, and Jenny Kawamura on the financing.
- Acquisition of Measurement and Control Business of Emerson Electric
Chapman represented Turnspire Capital Partners LLC, a special situations-focused private investment firm, in its acquisition of Daniel Measurement and Control, a global leader in providing measurement technologies and services for the energy industry, from Emerson Electric Co.