Clara Pauw is a partner in Chapman's Corporate Finance Department. Her practice is focused on institutional domestic and cross-border private placements, project finance, and real estate finance, including credit tenant loans, ground lease financing and other real estate investment vehicles. Clara's cross-border practice includes an emphasis on institutional private placements by European, Australian, and New Zealand issuers.
Clara's experience also includes advising banks and other financial institutions in connection with the documenting and structuring of secured and unsecured credit facilities involving real estate, acquisition financings, asset-based lending, syndicated lending, public-private partnerships and convertible and high-yield bond offerings.
Clara rejoined Chapman in 2019 after practicing at an Am Law 50 firm. Her legal career began at Chapman, and she participated in the firm's summer associate program.
- Asset-Based Lending
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate
- Conventional Secured and Unsecured Debt Finance
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Credit Tenant Loan Finance
- Cross-Border Institutional Private Placements
- Project Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Real Estate Finance
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Emory University, B.A., History and French Studies, summa cum laude
- Author, "Navigating Force Majeure in Real Estate Financings in the COVID-19 Landscape," Real Estate Finance Journal, Fall 2020