Eric Manor is an associate in Chapman's Banking and Financial Services Department and a member of the Commercial Lending Group. He represents financial institutions, including banks and specialty finance firms, in the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of a variety of lending transactions.
Prior to law school, Eric was a tax senior associate in the Banking, Capital Markets, and Insurance (BMCI) Group at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, where he received his CPA license.
- Represented Clairvest Group Inc., Clairvest Equity Partners VI, and Rubico Gaming LLC in a financing of the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington, Delaware
- Represented Perceptive Advisors, a life sciences-focused hedge fund, in a senior debt facility with warrants for Icagen, a provider of early drug discovery expertise to pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Represented a life sciences company in connection with the structuring of a $40 million loan, with an additional accordion facility of up to $20 million and associated warrants, involving a European-headquartered investment firm
- Represented a hedge fund in connection with a $16 million senior secured term loan to a technology products and services company
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2015
Bucknell University, B.S., cum laude, 2009
- Acquisition and Financing of Delaware Park Casino and Racetrack
Chapman served as lead counsel to Clairvest Group Inc., Clairvest Equity Partners VI, and Rubico Gaming LLC in the acquisition and financing of the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington, Delaware. Partner Cathy Rossouw led the Chapman deal team that included Michael Friedman, Aaron Krieger, Helena Honig, and Carson Klarck on the acquisition, and Simone Tatsch, Nick Whitney, Eric Manor, and Jenny Kawamura on the financing.
- Chapter 11 Section 363 Sale
Chapman served as bankruptcy co-counsel to Avadim Health, Inc., a health care and wellness company, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a European-based private credit alternative asset management firm in a section 363 sale process accomplished through a chapter 11 plan of reorganization. Prior to entering bankruptcy, Chapman also represented the Restructuring Committee of Avadim Health’s Board of Directors.
- Acquisition of Measurement and Control Business of Emerson Electric
Chapman represented Turnspire Capital Partners LLC, a special situations-focused private investment firm, in its acquisition of Daniel Measurement and Control, a global leader in providing measurement technologies and services for the energy industry, from Emerson Electric Co.