Latrice Baptiste is a partner in Chapman's National Public Finance Department.
Latrice has acted as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, borrower's counsel, disclosure counsel, and issuer's counsel in connection with variable rate and fixed rate general obligation, refunding, and revenue publicly offered and privately placed private activity and municipal bond issues. In addition, Latrice has advised clients regarding post-issuance compliance with both tax-related statutes and regulations and bond document financial covenants.
Latrice's recent work includes a $988 million revenue bond issue for the benefit of a multi-state system of hospitals and clinics as disclosure counsel and borrower's counsel, a $95 million revenue bond issue for the benefit of a multi-site senior living organization as bond counsel, and two revenue bond issues for the benefit of a health system as underwriter's counsel in the amounts of $124 million and $110 million.
Latrice is a member of Women in Public Finance, the Municipal Forum of New York, the Association of Black Women Attorneys, the Northeast Women in Public Finance, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Chicago Summer Business Institute.
Latrice serves as Chapman's Diversity Partner, managing firmwide diversity and inclusion initiatives. She is also a founding member of Chapman's Black Attorneys Business Resource Group.
Prior to joining Chapman in 2014, Latrice practiced in the health care group at Jones Day.
- Underwriters' counsel on $638,285,000 Virginia Small Business Financing Authority Senior Lien Revenue Bonds (95 Express Lanes LLC Project), Series 2022
Association of Black Women Attorneys
Chicago Summer Business Institute
- Board of Directors
Municipal Forum of New York
Northeast Women in Public Finance
Women in Public Finance
Honors & Awards
- Named to Lawyers of Color’s Nation’s Best List (2020).
- Named a "Top Lawyer under 40" in Public Finance Law by Leading Lawyer (2016).
DePaul University, J.D., 2006
DePaul University, B.S., Finance, 1999
- Panelist, "LegalTrek Program," Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms and DePaul University. July 21, 2020.
- Panelist, "A Career in Public Finance," Chicago Summer Business Institute. July 24, 2020.