Section 941 of Dodd-Frank requires SEC, FDIC, Federal Reserve, OCC, FHFA and HUD to jointly implement rules to require any securitizer to retain an economic interest in a material portion of the credit risk for any asset that the securitizer, through the issuance of an asset-backed security, transfers to a third party.
Final regulations were adopted in October 2014.
- Credit Risk Retention Final Rule - October 21, 2014
- Credit Risk Retention Re-Proposed Rule - August 28, 2013
- Sen. Corker Letter to Joint Regulators: Align QRM & QM - January 22, 2013
- FRB, FDIC, FHFA, HUD, OCC, SEC Joint Extension of Comment Period: Credit Risk Retention - June 10, 2011
- NPR re Risk Retention, Section 941 of Dodd-Frank Act - April 29, 2011
- August 2017