Helena Honig is an associate in Chapman's Special Situations and Restructuring Group and member of the Banking and Financial Services Department. Helena's experience includes transactional and litigation matters relating to complex out-of-court and bankruptcy restructurings, including restructurings involving debt financings, chapter 11 cases, and 363 asset sales. She has advised ad hoc bondholder committees, distressed debt and asset purchasers, and secured lenders.
Prior to joining Chapman, Helena practiced at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York.
- Represented Clairvest Group Inc., Clairvest Equity Partners VI, and Rubico Gaming LLC in the acquisition of the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington, Delaware.
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2016
Columbia University, B.A., French and Francophone Studies, cum laude, 2013
- Acquisition of Commercial Vehicle Suspension Component Supplier
Chapman represented Turnspire Capital Partners LLC, a special situations-focused private investment firm, in its acquisition of Infinity Engineered Products, a leading provider of premium air springs for trucks, trailers, buses, and specialty vehicles.
- Acquisition and Financing of Delaware Park Casino and Racetrack
Chapman served as lead counsel to Clairvest Group Inc., Clairvest Equity Partners VI, and Rubico Gaming LLC in the acquisition and financing of the Delaware Park casino and racetrack in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Traded Bond Issuance
Chapman served as counsel to the indenture trustee in the issuance of Tel Aviv Stock Exchange traded bonds secured by the NoMo Soho hotel in New York.
- Co-Author, "Delaware Supreme Court Holds Transfer of Assets by Insolvent Company to its Creditors Required Shareholder Vote; Leaves Open Question of Statutory Requirements," Client Alert, July 11, 2022
- Co-Author, "No Shareholder Vote Needed for Insolvent Company to Transfer Assets to Secured Creditors," Client Alert, May 19, 2022
- Co-Author, "Puerto Rico Confirms a Plan of Adjustment under PROMESA," Client Alert, January 26, 2022
- Co-Author, "In Hertz, the Delaware Bankruptcy Court Provides Guidance on Make‑Whole Claims and Post-Petition Interest Payable in Solvent Debtor Cases," Client Alert, January 18, 2022
- Co-Author, "Strictly Speaking: What Lenders Need to Know about Strict Foreclosure and Restructurings," Chapman and Cutler LLP, September 2020
- Co-Author, "Strictly Speaking, Part II: How Can a Lender Effect a Strict Foreclosure?," Client Alert, July 23, 2020
- Co-Author, "Strictly Speaking: Strict Foreclosure Can Provide an Efficient Smooth Exit for Lenders in the Right Circumstances," Client Alert, July 16, 2020
- Co-Author, "For Lenders – Navigating Main Street Loan Considerations," Client Alert, July 7, 2020
- Co-Author, "Preferred Shareholder Denied Right to Block Bankruptcy Filing by Delaware Bankruptcy Court," Client Alert, May 11, 2020