Kate Poorbaugh is an associate in Chapman’s Corporate and Securities Department and Investment Management Group. She works with clients on a variety of corporate and securities matters, including the formation and offering of investment companies, and matters involving investment advisers, broker-dealers, and municipal securities dealers. Kate participated in the firm’s summer associate program in 2014 and joined the firm in 2015.
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
- Development Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., Accountancy, Highest Honors, 2012
- Co-Author, "MSRB Publishes Its 2017 Compliance Advisory for Broker-Dealers," Journal of Investment Compliance, Vol. 19, No. 1, 2018, pp. 50–52, doi: 10.1108/JOIC-02-2018-0.
- Co-Author, "FINRA Releases Guidance on Social Media and Digital Communications," Journal of Investment Compliance, Vol. 18, No. 3, 2017, doi: 10.1108/JOIC-06-2017-0030.
- Co-Author, "The SEC Provides New Custody Rule Guidance to Investment Advisers," Journal of Investment Compliance, Vol. 18, No. 2, 2017, pp. 9–12, doi: 10.1108/JOIC-04-2017-0021.
- Co-Author, "MSRB Publishes Its First Compliance Advisory for Broker-Dealers," Journal of Investment Compliance, Vol. 17, No. 3, 2016, pp. 49-51, doi: 10.1108/JOIC-07-2016-0026.
- “Security Protocol: A Procedural Analysis of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Courts,” 2015 U. Ill. L. Rev. 1363.
- Co-Author, “What’s the Matter with Retirement Savers?,” 47 Conn. L. Rev. 1281 (2015).