Kristin has extensive experience in environmental, health, and safety matters. She advises companies on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), corporate sustainability, and climate change issues. She provides guidance on the development and implementation of ESG policies, on transactions involving significant ESG issues, and in connection with sustainability auditing, reporting, and disclosures. Kristin has worked with clients involved in the development, purchase, sale, and financing of a variety of renewable energy projects, including wind, solar, and hydroelectric facilities.
In addition, Kristin is well-versed in assessing and negotiating environmental liabilities and represents lenders, bidders, developers, targets, and investors with the environmental aspects of a wide variety of transactions, including finance, real estate development, divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions. She advises clients in connection with environmental compliance, due diligence, permitting, site remediation, and insurance matters and regularly represents clients in private disputes and in investigations and proceedings before state and federal agencies.
Kristin also counsels clients across a variety of sectors in connection with occupational safety and health inspections, employee complaints, and citations. She has guided clients through the COVID crisis, in OSHA mediation proceedings, and in contested cases before federal review boards.
Kristin serves as Chapman's Environmental Sustainability Partner, managing the firm's environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Banking and Financial Services
- Commercial Lending
- Environment, Energy and Resources
- Environmental Advice and Litigation
- Environmental and Permitting
- ESG Counsel and Sustainable Finance
- Project Acquisition
- Project Development
- Project Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy Finance
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Environmental Law Institute
Northwestern University, J.D., cum laude
The Ohio State University, B.A., Communications/CAPITAL Program in International Business, summa cum laude
- Author, "Emphasis on ESG Continues into 2022," Chapman Insights, February 18, 2022
- Author, "OSHA Issues Emergency Temporary Standard on COVID-19 Vaccines," Client Alert, November 5, 2021
- Author, "Screening for ESG Criteria in Lending and Investment Transactions," Chapman Insights, September 13, 2021
- Author, "OSHA Issues Healthcare Emergency Temporary Standard and Updated Guidance on COVID-19," Client Alert, June 11, 2021
- Co-Author, "The Role of ESG Ratings Providers in Assessing ESG Performance and Risks," Chapman Insights, May 25, 2021
- Author, "U.S. Commits to Cutting Carbon Emissions in Half by 2030," Chapman Insights, April 22, 2021
- Author, "Loan Associations Publish Social Loan Principles," Chapman Insights, April 20, 2021
- Author, "SEC Poised to Take Action on ESG and Climate Change Issues," Chapman Insights, March 25, 2021
- Author, "OSHA Announces National Emphasis Program for COVID-19," Client Alert, March 15, 2021
- Co-Author, "ESG Investing to Continue Growth in 2021 under Biden Administration," Chapman Insights, March 2, 2021
- Co-Author, "Illinois' Future Energy Jobs Act," Energy Law Report, 2017
- Co-Author, "Illinois' Future Energy Jobs Act," LexisNexis Emerging Issues Analysis, 2017
- Co-Author, "Brownfields Revitalization—A Misnomer," Real Estate Investment Journal, 2004