University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Member, North Carolina Law Review
- Notes Editor, North Carolina Journal of Law & Technology
- Counsel, University of North Carolina Juvenile Justice Clinic
Ursinus College, B.S., Communications and Psychology, magna cum laude, 2003
U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association
Mia D’Andrea is an associate in Chapman and Cutler’s Banking and Financial Services Department and Litigation Group. She joined the Firm in 2012.
Mia's practice encompasses a wide range of complex commercial litigation issues, with an emphasis on commercial real estate transactions, consumer finance litigation, contract disputes, and commercial lending/restructuring issues. She advises clients on matters concerning loan repayment and restructuring, loan purchase, and real estate issues.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mia was an associate with the law firm of Hedrick Gardner Kincheloe & Garofalo in Charlotte, North Carolina. She also worked as a Guardian Ad Litem with the Center for Children’s Rights, where she served as an advocate for children in high-conflict divorce and custody cases.
- Obtained dismissal for lender in multimillion-dollar federal racketeering lawsuit involving allegations of commercial lending fraud
- Obtained the overturning of a ruling in a case involving Cook County mortgage foreclosure rules
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in complex multi-party litigation
- Successfully represented financial institution at trial in commercial forcible entry and detainer action
- Represented major lending institutions on multimillion-dollar credit facilities
- Defended banking client against allegations of forgery, resulting in dismissal of action
- Co-Author, "Supreme Court Unanimously Holds That Debt Purchasers Are Not Debt Collectors in Justice Gorsuch’s Landmark First Opinion," Client Alert. June 13, 2017.
- Co-Author, "Victory for Debt Collectors in First of Two Landmark Supreme Court Cases," Client Alert. May 19, 2017.
- Co-Author, "Dass v. Yale: Illinois Allows LLC Members to Avoid Liability for Personal Torts," Client Alert. May 8, 2014.
Honors & Awards
- Chapman and Cutler's 2013 Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Chapman and Cutler's 2012 Pro Bono Honor Roll