Chapman and Cutler assists financial entities with the purchase or sale of a wide variety of financial assets and receivables.
We also have a large securitization practice that assists lenders in the sale of assets to special purpose entities for financing purposes.
We provide a wide variety of services including due diligence and review of portfolio operations, legal compliance, negotiation of purchase documentation and attendant closing documents, and assistance with ongoing operational aspects of acquisition transactions.
- We represented a major foreign bank in the $2 billion acquisition of a credit card portfolio.
- The firm represented a monoline credit card bank in the $2 billion sale of a credit card portfolio.
- We have represented participants in numerous purchases and sales of mortgage, auto, retail installment, and small loan portfolios.
- Our attorneys are experienced in the purchase and sale of a wide range of charged-off receivables.
- Chapman has also counseled clients on the purchase and sale of merchant-acquiring credit card and processing and servicing portfolios.