- Asset-Based Lending
- Banking and Financial Services
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Workouts
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate
- Lending to Private Equity Firms
- Loan Syndications and Trading/Syndicated Credits
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mezzanine Finance
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Second Lien Financings
- Senior Lending
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2006
University of Michigan, B.A., Economics, 2004
Nicole is a partner in Chapman's Banking and Financial Services Department and is a member of the Commercial Lending Practice Group. She participated in Chapman’s summer associate program in 2006, and has practiced law since joining the firm in 2007.
Nicole represents banks and other financial institutions in a wide range of domestic and international financing transactions. Her experience includes structuring, negotiating, and documenting secured and unsecured credit facilities, primarily focusing on asset-based lending, merger and acquisition financings, leveraged finance, commercial lending, and real estate finance transactions.
Nicole’s representative transactions include single- and multi-bank credit facilities, loan syndications, first lien/second lien structures, “warehouse” credit facilities, loans to REITs, hybrid lending products, and cross-border secured lending transactions involving foreign credit parties and multi-currency availability. Nicole also has substantial experience in private equity fund lending and subscription facility financing.
In addition to front-end transactions, Nicole has represented lenders in various loan restructuring and workout transactions. She has extensive experience in the negotiation of intercreditor arrangements and co-lender arrangements, including senior/mezzanine, first lien/second lien, crisscross lien, first-out/last-out, and similar structures.
- Counsel to agent bank in connection with $85 million senior secured revolving, term and delayed draw term credit facilities to a manufacturing company
- Counsel to agent and lead arranger in connection with $80 million senior secured credit facilities to finance the acquisition by a private equity sponsor of a communication services company
- Counsel to first lien agent and second lien agent in connection with $45 million secured credit facilities for acquisition of eligible portfolios of receivables
- Counsel to agent bank in connection with $15 million senior secured multi-currency cross-border credit facilities to leasing company with domestic and foreign loan parties
- Counsel to real estate opportunity fund in $40 million subscription financing facility
- Counsel to agent in $85 million syndicated credit facility for residential real estate investment trust operating company
- Counsel to lender in connection with $125 million secured credit facility to broker dealer
- Counsel to agent bank in $43 million secured revolving credit facility extended to a national consumer finance company